Seeking a Community Support Worker
Updated: November 17, 2022
Family Centre (Pembroke, Bermuda) is seeking a full-time Community Support Worker.
Candidates must offer the following:
- A related bachelor’s degree and/or the equivalent of three years of experience in youth development and behaviour support.
- Maturity, strong interpersonal, case management, listening, and youth engagement skills are essential.
- Experience delivering youth group programmes, well developed written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, creative thinking capabilities, and confidence in public speaking.
- A passion for being a change agent in a person’s life, a motivation to develop and deliver engaging and transformative youth programming and a commitment to always working in a culturally sensitive and supportive manner.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, work independently maintaining Family Centre standards, and participate in ongoing professional development.
- A valid Bermuda Driver’s License, a safe driving record, and willingness to obtain a Bermuda community service driver’s license.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide programme lead responsibilities for youth development activities and services including Beyond Rugby Bermuda and Youth Leadership Academy Programming.
- Utilize dynamic risk assessment and programme guidelines to ensure high quality youth programming accreditation and safety standards are met.
- Coordinate and support staff and volunteers assisting in programming. Develop and strengthen relationships with community partners.
- Design and implement projects, groups, celebrations, and information sessions in support of meeting programme objectives.
- Develop and maintain a positive rapport with parents of youth in Family Centre’s community programmes; inform parents of youth challenges and successes.
- Provide individualized support to youth and families enrolled in our community outreach programmes through positive engagement, leadership support, strengthening protective factors in their lives, and facilitating connections to other service providers where support is beyond our scope.
- Promote a community volunteerism model that emphasizes collective responsibility and matches community resources with programme needs.
- Strengthen community systems supporting youth.
- Maintain appropriate documentation on individual contacts and group work.
- Assist in conducting progress quality improvement tasks.
Please respond to the Executive Director, Dr. Sandy De Silva, via e-mail to email@example.com by December 5, 2022
Alternatively, please apply via Bermuda Job Board: https://www.bermudajobboard.bm
Application must include a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to be complete.