Family Centre Therapeutic Groups and Social Skills Groups are run after-school and are designed to increase children’s social and communication skills so that they can better self-regulate and develop healthy relationships. Groups are created around various themes appropriate for different developmental stages. Children learn through direct discussion, as well as role-playing and therapeutic games and activities with peers designed to introduce and strengthen specific social-emotional skills.
Family Centre presents a therapeutic group for adolescent and teen girls ages 12-15. This group will focus on anxiety and self-esteem, with the goal of helping the girls develop and increase skills in self-expression, coping skills and assertiveness. Thanks to the generosity of our donors, Family Centre therapeutic groups are offered at no cost to participants.
Sign up now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 232-1116. Girls Group Sessions will take place at Family Centre on Thursdays from 4:00-5:15PM from May 12th – June 23rd, 2022.
Spaces are limited. Feel free to share this flyer with a family you know that will benefit.
Here’s what participants are saying about Family Centre’s Therapeutic Groups:
“I am Powerful” Girls Group
• “I learned how to express my feelings to other people.”
• “I learned how to cope with my anxiety.”
• “I learned how to be aware of my feelings and be confident.”
“Brotherhood” Boys Group
• “I learned about confidentiality.”
• “I liked group because it was fun. I learned not to be afraid to speak.”
• “I liked to share my feelings with my friends. I learned that some people have some stuff that they need to share.”
• “I enjoyed group because it unlocks the potential. I learned to always be nice to others.”
Therapeutic Groups are part of Family Centre Counselling Services.
Photos: Family Centre Counselling Team facilitating Therapeutic Boys and Girls Groups. Pictured are Ge’Von Greaves, Carissa Darrell, and Rishee Paschal.